Camarillo Public Library invites you to join our new 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program. This early literacy program is a fun activity to do with your babies and toddlers. Reading to babies and toddlers helps them learn pre-reading skills.
Participating is easy!
- Sign up online or at the library. If you prefer pen and paper, print out instructions and reading log here.
- Read picture books with your child, repeats are okay and encouraged.
- Remember to make reading interactive, use different voices, point out colors in pictures, ask questions. As the child gets older ask them to predict what will happen next.
- Mark off each book you read on the reading log and get started on your fun journey.
- Pick up a bookmark and coloring sheets at the library.
- Ask the library staff for recommendations of their favorite picture books.