Business Research Tools at a Glance:
AtoZdatabases is great tool to learn about what businesses exist in various geographic locations, industries, and much more. You can create customized lists to export into excel that help in the research of your competitors or B2B prospects.
Other Relevant Sites and Agencies
- Compare and review the many options available for business software, including software for: Accounting, Design, HR, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and more. All you need to do is create a free account.
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
- Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and ammunition excise taxes.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Federal income, payroll, estate, gift, and excise taxes; employee plans and exempt organizations
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Issues Social Security numbers (SSN) and verification of SSNs.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Employment eligibility verification, Form I-9, and E-Verify program to help employers determine employment eligibilty of new hires.
- U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL)
- Federal wage and hour issues.
- Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Sales and use tax, excise, fuel, property, alcohol, and tobacco taxes.
- Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
- Contractor regualtion and licensing in more than 43 classifications.
- Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)
- Child support general questions.
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Licensing information on more than 200 business categories.
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Unlawful discrimination in employment, services, housing, and public accomodations.
- Department of Industrial Relations (DIR)
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- State wage and hour issues.
- Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC)
- Insurance for work-related injuries.
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance, Paid Family Leave, Labor Market Information Division, Workforce Services, and Payrol Tax Programs.
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
- State Personal Income Tax and corporation tax.
- Secretary of State (SOS)
- Business entities, notary public applications, and the Uniform Commercial Code filings.
For Further Assistance
The research process can be tricky, but please try it first. If you are having difficulties, please contact Georg Winkler at email@example.com or call 805-383-5685.